Your chocolate fix, without the mix!
Chocolate Sheet Cake Recipe
2 c. Sugar
2 c. Flour
1/3 c. Cocoa
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 c. Butter (2 sticks)
1 c. Water
1/2 c. Buttermilk (see substitution if needed)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Heat butter and water in saucepan until boiling.
3. Pour over dry ingredients and mix.
4. Beat in buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. (If you don’t have buttermilk, use milk and half a tablespoon of lemon juice).
5. Pour thin batter in greased 15×10 in. sheet pan.
6. Bake for 20 mins at 400 degrees.
1/2 c. Butter
1/4 c. Cocoa
6 T. Milk
4 c. Powdered Sugar
Chopped Nuts (your choice)
Combine butter, cocoa, and milk. Heat in a saucepan until boiling. Pour over powdered sugar and nuts. Mix well. Spread over hot cake.
Happy New Year, everyone!