Sunday dinner. Family time. All-time favorite.
Roast & Noodles Recipe
Salt/Pepper (to taste)
Place roast in a crockpot. Cover with water, you will need to add more water as the roast cooks. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Cook on high for ~6 hours, or until roast is cooked thoroughly and feels tender.
Once your roast is cooked, drain the broth into a large pot or pan, and place on the stove. Next make your noodles!
2 1/2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
3 Large Eggs
6-8 tbsp. Water
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add eggs and water.
- Beat eggs and water with spoon, and gradually mix in flour until thoroughly blended. Add additional water if dough remains dry.
- Form into ball and knead, adding flour generously to keep from sticking.
- Place ball of dough onto a floured surface.
- Roll out dough until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Cut into noodles.
- Turn the stove on under your pot of roast broth and bring it to a boil.
- Add salt & pepper to broth (to taste).
- Gently add your noodles to the pot and stir continuously.
- Cook noodles ~30 minutes or until tender.
- Let noodles stand for 30 minutes and allow the broth to thicken.
- Serve with your roast.
Growing up, my aunt made roast and noodles for Christmas dinner every year. While I do not have her recipe, this is my best attempt at recreating what is one of my favorite dinners. People often think potatoes and carrots when they make a roast. However, try eating it with noodles. Trust me, it REALLY GOOD!