Comfort food. Best topped with gravy. Easy dinner fix.
Chicken Fried Steak
Thin steak (your preference)
Salt & Pepper
- Cover bottom of skillet with enough vegetable oil that about half the steak depth will be covered. Turn stove on and begin to heat oil.
- Pour a pile of flour onto a plate, add salt & pepper to taste. Stir dry ingredients until mixed.
- Put 2 eggs into a bowl, add a little milk and beat until well blended.
- Test skillet by dropping a little flour into it. If it begins to bubble and cook instantly, you are ready to add your steak.
- Dip steak in flour, then egg mixture, then flour, then egg mixture, then flour.
- Place steak gently into the skillet. Cook steak until nicely browned, flipping sides evenly (see pictures below).
Really, that’s all there is to it. Try it out with a side of green beans and mashed potatoes. Or load it all down with some thick white gravy.
Dinner is done, now it’s time for dessert!