Chocoholics -> This one is for you!
Make your pie crust (see my Recipe section).
Chocolate Cream Pie Filling
1 c. Sugar
3 tbsp. Cornstarch
1/4 tsp. Salt
4 tbsp. Cocoa
3 c. Whole Milk
3 Egg Yolks
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Mix together in saucepan: sugar, cornstarch, & salt. Stir dry ingredients until lumps disappear.
- Add milk & egg yolks to the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring often.
- Once mixture reaches hard boil, cook one minute. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir well.
- Let filling cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn oven on to 350 F.
- Pour your chocolate cream filling into your browned pie crust.
- Top your filling with Calfslobber (see my Recipe section).
Depending on how much you like chocolate, this typically makes one to eight servings. No judgment either way.
Speaking of judging, I have a confession. While I really do enjoy chocolate, this is not my favorite pie. Yes, I do understand it’s filled with chocolate. And most people LOVE it! It’s just when I go for pie, I think coconut or fruit. Don’t you worry about this pie though, it is going to a nice home filled with chocoholics tomorrow.
Try making this for a chocoholic near you!